The Irvine Imperiled & Kilwinning Orange News

The Irvine Imperiled & Kilwinning Orange News

Sunday 15 February 2015

Saltcoats Councillor The Running Skirt to run on surface of the moon


Local superstar councillor The Running Skirt has been many things in his time - World Champion Boxer, Special Forces, Ex -00 Agent, Mentor to Chuck Norris, but nothing prepared him for the success he would have when he decided to take off his drawers before running and give a whole new meaning to 'Going Commando'. Now he plans to take this success with him in a joint venture with North Korea to run the whole of the moon.

"I was enjoying running, and doing very well. However I had one experience in the desert where I wasn't performing great. I whipped off my pants from underneath my skirt, and for some reason I flew like the wind and crossed the Gobi in 4 minutes. Breaking a new record."

"Ever since then, i've refused to wear underwear while I run. It's a winning formula & it means I don't need to stop to do a number one or two. I keep on running without thinking. Much like my political career. The lack of pants has been liberating and freeing."

Jim had been listening to The Waterboys, when the former Mixed Martial Artist came up with the idea. "It was as if Mike Scott was talking to me, I understood then that I needed to run the Whole of the Moon. It was just coincidence that my good friend Kim had just told me about his new space programme. I made the call to his boys and we arranged to set it up."

`Jim is a sensation in North Korea


Montgomerie's first jaunt to North Korea took place in February 2014. Since then, he says he’s visited six times. He calls Kim a “friend for life,” and as a result has been condemned by some in Saltcoats as a traitor and a dupe. But however you judge him, the provocative ex Special Forces hero and all round action man is now a potential source of information about a country that is inaccessible to most of the world. From the outside looking in, we see only Kim Jong-un’s appalling human-rights record and his country’s notorious famines, state executions and other abuses—but Jim has a different perspective.

"It’s nothing like you’ve seen over there. Not even close. It’s funny, because when I first went there I expected it to be like Ardrossan, but it was so…Communist. Wow. Pyongyang has changed a lot. New buildings were popping up and Kim is building all these new  Pubs and hotels. There's even a Windy 'Ha there. He built the largest water park in the world, like a gigantic Harvies. a La Scala Harry Kemp style cinema and this big bowling alley. He’s doing everything for these people. You could go bowl & get drunk  or go swimming all day for 50p. He's a true man of the people. I salute his courage, his spirit, his indefatigibility".

Jim who beat Apollo Creed 3 times when he was a world champion boxer enthuses about running the moon. "I'm pumped up. It's exciting. When the skirt goes on, nobody can beat me on a good day. I've ran the desert, the sahara all with nae pants on. To run the moon with the support of North Korea is the greatest privilege to have been bestowed upon me."

When asked about what his constituents may think of his friendship with North Korea, Jim, who trained Bruce Lee answered "As I once told my former student. I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine."

No pants moon mission. All in a days work for Jim!




2 comments:

  1. What a Guy.....We are so lucky to have him as a Councillor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best Cllr the Town has ever had!Peoples Champion.

      Delete