The Irvine Imperiled & Kilwinning Orange News

The Irvine Imperiled & Kilwinning Orange News
Showing posts with label kilwinning ayrshire. Show all posts
Showing posts with label kilwinning ayrshire. Show all posts

Sunday, 15 February 2015

Alleged theft of £1.3 million worth of plutonium sees Kilwinning accused dissapear

A Kilwinning man accused of stealing over £1million worth of plutonium from a hospital has mysteriously dissapeared.

‘Doc’ Daniel Dreghorn appeared in private at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court court earlier this month accused of being involved in the theft of surgical equipment, thought to be worth £1.3 million.
The shock haired recluse made no plea or declaration during his appearance on January 7.
'Doc' Daniel Dreghorn in happier days


‘Doc’ Dreghorn, thought to be a senior member of staff at the central decontamination unit, was suspended following investigations.

But an NHS Ayrshire and Arran spokeswoman told the Irvine Herald last week that ‘Doc’ Dreghorn “does not currently work for NHS Ayrshire & Arran. We have no idea where he is.”
Following Dreghorn’s suspension police quizzed over 100 staff at Crosshouse and Ayr Hospitals in connection to the allegations.

It is alleged health chiefs found 136 boxes of plutonium had disappeared, valued at around £10,000 each.
Imperiled Reporters tried to gain an interview with him after his court appearance, but he hastily made a getaway in an old silver DeLorean parked outside of court.

Dreghorn also made no plea or declaration in relation to a charge of neglect to his dog Einstein.
He was released on bail. He was supposed return to court later this year for sentencing but his whereabouts are currently unknown. 
Dreghorn's last appearance as he speeds off from our reporter outside the Court

Sergeant Neil Howie of Saltcoats said “We are still looking for his whereabouts. We do know he was involved with some Libyans, but it looks like he has simply vanished. He was last seen doing 88 miles per hour on John Finnie Street in Kilmarnock and then he’s just disappeared into thin air.”

Saturday, 14 February 2015

Polis out in force in Kilwinning action bid

Polis out in force in Kilwinning action 

 POLIS drafted more than 20 extra officers in Kilwinning on Friday in a bid to reassure the community that their concerns are top priority.

Led by Sergeant Neil Howie, Crime Czar, officers conducted a variety of high profile patrols targeting speeding motorists, litter droppers, pavement cyclists and one year olds. 
Each year the polis undertake a public consultation survey where local communities are asked to identify policing priorities for the year. Polis take the opportunity to increase awareness on their work during the ‘day of action’.
Sergeant Howie said: “We have had additional officers in Kilwinning to reassure the community that the Polis are working on the issues which matter most to local people.
“By focusing activity in the one area we hope to maximise the opportunities for residents to see the activities taking place to keep people safe in local communities.

Sgt Neil Howie "Kilwinning is mine tonight."
On Friday officers conducted a speed check in Kilwinning and warned four drivers who were allegedly driving just over the 20mph speed restriction and another five drivers were spoken to during speed checks in other areas of the town.
Over 9,000 one year olds were stopped and searched, and many teenagers were spending the weekend in the cells after being spotted cycling on the pavement. 

In other news, there were 20 burglaries, 5 serious assaults, 10 stabbings, 10 pensioners mugged at cash machines and some serious drug dealing and vandalism going on in the town unnoticed. Sergeant Howie has made an appeal to the public for any help in these matters, but says "We are seriously understaffed and too busy dealing with more important matters to deal with everything".


Cooncil appoint new plunky man.

In order to combat the rampant truantism in North Ayrshire Schools, the Cooncil are proud to announce the appointment of new Truant Officer Bawbag McRambo to it's chambers.

Previously serving as a mercenary in the Belgian Congo, the Middle East and in Guantanomo Bay, McRambo has the skills to pay the bills when capturing kids & taking them back to classes.


Bawbag McRambo on the 'School Run'


Cooncil Education spokesman Roddy Pubcrawl had this to say about Rambo "he was originally sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. He promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ardrossan underground. Today, no longer wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. We had a problem, no one else could help, if other Cooncils can't catch their truants if you can find him, maybe you can hire the Plunky Man"

Catching up with him, bedecked in teenagers ears around his neck on a piece of string McRambo only had this to say "There's a new plunky man in town. I'm not hear to please parents. If you can't control your kids and make them go to school, it's chokey time for them, 100 lashes of the birch and ten hours of hanging with Glen Michael. It's my way or the fucking high way".

Irvine Boutique closing doors to reopen as 50 Shades Sex Shop

A woman’s boutique in Irvine which has been part of the shopping community for almost 60 years is to close next month.
Sadie’s in the town’s Bank Street will close its doors on February 28. The bright news is it will be opening as a Sex Toy shop specialising in the latest 50 Shades of Grey style BDSM & Bondage toys.
And owner Sadie Sadieson says it has been the hardest decision of her life to close the doors of the popular clothing and lingerie shop.

The new look Sadies in Bank Street, Irvine


“With the popularity of 50 Shades of Grey, no-one was spending money on lingerie anymore. Everyone has been asking for whips, collars, cuffs, leashes. There's simply no market in Irvine for Miss Mary of Sweden any longer. I made the decision to close Sadie’s, as a bloomer shop and to reopen with a fresher, sexier image” said Sadie.
“Believe me, it has broken my heart to do it as there are so many loyal customers who have become friends and who pop in while they are waiting for a bus or just to catch up and I will miss each and every one of them. Now hopefully they'll be set to return and I can truss them in leather and lock them in the dungeon in the basement after they buy a few corsets”

"The keeping the name was the best part" enthused Sadie. "I'll be selling instruments of a sado masochistic nature, and the name Sadie's has so many connotations of that, it was a no brainer".
The new Sadies hopes that customers will serve it when it reopens at the beginning of next month.


Sadie from Sadies gets herself ready for it's re-opening.

.

Medda daft' Irvine Ayrshire black metal band to reform to help propel Irvine Meadow success




Five-piece 80s Black Metal band Burning Doon The Kirk are getting back together and will release a song specially written for Irvine Meadow as singer Darklordvras Bururduzum strives to inspire his boyhood heroes.

Irvine 80's Black Metal Band Burning Doon The Kirk yesterday



Irvine Meadow superfan Darklordvras Bururduzum is to fulfill a lifelong dream by recording a song for his beloved team.
Darklordvras, 58, has been following the Irvine team since he was a boy and despite several attempts to record a track for his favourite team, he’s certain 2015 will be the year it happens.
The gardener is reuniting his 80s band  Burning Doon The Kirk one last time to inspire Meadow to success on the park.
After arduous contract talks between band members that included: putting some members converting to Christianity aside, the murder of the bassists wee brother by drummer 
Lucith Dogkicker and Darklordvras recently getting out of prison for burning down the Fullarton Church in the 80's. The band are going to to recreate the same look they had during the 80s, Burning Doon The Kirk look set to reform.
The shock rockers have vowed to breathe life into their back catalogue as well as debuting a few new tracks too on what’s being described as ‘The Community Service Tour’.
The infamous Meadow single has proved a bit of an own goal for Darklord since the band’s formation – with his attempts at a track in the 80s and 90s failing to reach the mixing stage.
A delighted Darklord said: “I’m Medda daft and I’ve just got to do the song after leaving it so long. It’s fell through so many times.
“We’re recording a rough demo here then taking it up to Glasgow to have it all finalised. All the money generated from the single goes to The Church of Satan.
“We’re all mid to late 50s so we’re getting on a bit but it’s brilliant to get the boys back together.”
Darkord will take on the task of singing while 
Lucith Dogkicker picks up the sticks, Goathn Goatplunger stars on bass, Inferum Cuntahl and Vargom Balrduk pick up guitars for the bands reformation.
Darklordvras also wants to breathe life into the local music scene and is hosting a rock night at the Irvine Old Parish Church on April 5 to mark the comeback, followed by a razing of the Church to the ground.

Little Fire Music Column


Half an hour into the dose


Hello folks I hope you’re doing well!
At the time of writing I’m in my bedsit having just taken a lot of sweeties previously in order to listen to the new material by band Vasa..
At first the music sounded the same as all the other pish acoustic crap I listen to, but 10 minutes in and this is a belter of an album...the music sounds better, lights look cooler, minty things taste awesome, smoking feels great, touching things becomes imperative, as physical sensation is ramped up dramatically, and the thought of a hot shower almost feels too good. My emotional walls have dropped, leaving me vulnerable, open, forgiving, and chatty. I have 4 hours till the high fades. 
Not looking forward to when I first enter reality again. I don't want to be there. I want to be in this happy happy place forever. Tonight Matthew i'm Jesus Christ on ecstacy.

Labour MP Brian Donohoe has paid tribute to Nick Cotton who died following a 'bad hit' given to him by mother Dot

Donohoe: "Eastenders fans will find it strange to never again see a scene involving Dot & Nick Cotton again"


MP Brian Donohoe mourning at the Queen Vic yesterday


Labour MP Brian Donohoe has paid an emotional tribute to Eastenders's Nick Cotton who died last week.
The character, played by John Altman for  years, died following his mother Dot Cotton buying him a 'bad hit'.
Previously, Mr Donohoe had campaigned to ‘Free the Cold Turkey One’ when Nick was jailed for Theft, violence and fraud.
John Altman played a central role in Britain’s longest running London soap opera, with Nick Cotton being a main character in the show for most of that time.
He was part of some of the biggest story lines of the show, including one that gripped the nation saw him jailed for fraud after being duped by Dot
This week, Mr Donohoe – a lifelong fan of watching soap opera's instead of attending parliamentary duties – said he joined a nation in mourning and expressed his sadness over the characters death.
He said: “I was very sad to hear about the passing of Nick Cotton. The nation was gripped by the ‘Free the Cold Turkey One’ campaign which came about after the character’s incarceration for fraud and it was a good bit of fun to get involved with. It reflected the issues going on in my personal life with my son at the time
“As a fan myself, I am sure all Eastenders fans will find it strange to never again see a scene involving both Dot and her son Nick again.

“My thoughts go out to his family, friends and the cast of Eastenders who I am sure will be feeling the loss on set when they get back to filming.”

Inspirational Strongwoman Louise in training for Spartan Persian War

In terms of mighty, powerful women, they don’t come much stronger than Big Louise.
The indestructable 40-year-old is currently the second strongest woman in the world only being beaten by Big Kay from the BBC series The Scheme.
And determined Louise has now her sights set on searing it up over in Greece with 299 other Spartan warriors.



She has been competing and training since 2011, and her hard work and efforts have won her a host of battles including her ending of the war in Afghanistan in 2014.

Louise discovered a passion for strength training after being introduced to the joys of watching Popeye cartoons from a very young age & Ludovico technique style conditioning to repeatedly watch the film Pumping Iron again and again. Sometimes at weeks on end.

A natural progression, and tons of hard work learning to develop a fondness for the taste of Spinach, led her to compete at the top level and become a top enforcer in Ayrshire housing estates, and inspire thousands of women all over the world. Louise has strong ties in the community, and is a regular at visiting hours at Barlinnie prison gym.
As well as all her events and appearances, Louise is using her knowledge to help others attain their goals.

Using locally grown Spinach, Louise has decided to take up the challenge and to go to Greece to fight against the Persian threat lead by Mad God-King Xerxes.

“Eighty per cent of the kebabs I devour are from Greece” said Louise.
“I love helping these puny Greek men train and to realise their potential.”
With plans to hold the World’s Strongest event in Ayrshire this year, it looks like another busy year ahead for Louise.

“Once i've ”defeated the Persian foe by pummelling them into submission, I plan to give the other 299 boys a bit of a pose off' then it'll be back to Ayrshire to show who's the champ at pulling trucks by my teeth attached to a rope. Ack, ack, ack! I'm strong to the finish 'cos I eats me spinach!"